Why Volunteer at the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri?
Be part of the solution.
The Humane Society of Southeast Missouri cares for over 3,500 per year. With a staff of only eight people, we need your help to care for all these pets seeking love.
Get warm fuzzies.
You will never find a more grateful and loving friend than an animal you have comforted.
Get your dog or cat “fix.”
Sometimes we find ourselves in situations where we are unable to live with companion animals, due to landlords, hectic schedules, extensive traveling etc. Volunteering with the pets at the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri can be an opportunity to enjoy some quality critter time.
Keep good company.
You'll make lots of new friends—and not just the four-legged kind! Working side by side with compassionate like-minded people, can create life-long friendships.
Go to bed at night knowing you've made a difference in the day of a homeless animal!
Your touch, walk and words calmed and comforted a creature grateful for your attention!
There are lots of things our volunteers do!
- Dog walking (very important to keeping the dogs happy and social)
- Socialize cats
- Help with Mobile Adoption Events (grooming before the event and/or handling during the event, talking to the public)
- Assist with photographing animals (we need photographers and handlers to help the photographers)
- Assist with cleaning the shelter
- Assist with animal grooming (wash, dry, and brush)
- Help with fundraising drives (we sell calendars, shirts, totes, etc.)
We would love to have you. Please consider fostering and/or volunteering today!